Door lock?

-

Kevin D.

Reaction score
I have a 69 dart I see lock sets on flea-bay and other sites,cataloges for 67-68 a-bodies but not 69 are they interchangeable?Thanks Kevin.:dontknow:

If I'm correct 67-69 door locks interchange fine. The only differance I found were the handles mach changed in 1970. I replaced all including trunk but left the ignition alone.
Perhaps someone can back me up on this!

The only difference is the keys, spacificly the flutes in the key blanks. The lock cylinders are the same mechanicly.

I can get a key cut a dealership if i can get the key code. I have biuld sheet and paperwork is this number sequence available anywhere on the car where i can find it and cut a new key for my trunk?

You can alter the pins in the lock for any key you have.
I had a mismatched lock on my passenger side so the key for the drivers side and ignition wouldn't work in it.
Took the pins out and rearranged them to match the key I have and it works just like the others now.

just random but i just ran into the door latches on a dart are different in 67 then 69. The locking mechanisms are different. I assume 68 is the same as 69

69's are different. One year only on the ignition switch. The latch's may be different as well as the interior lock was moved foward in 69.

I have not compared the 3 years side by side but the factory part numbers are not the same.

The actual cylinders for the doors may be similar short of the key blanks.

-
Back