Door Plastic

-
P

Problem Child

Sorry, don't know what they are called, but I need left and right plastic pieces across the top of the door where the lock knob comes through. I have a 76 Dart Swinger. Door panals in good shape but these crumbled. Also need a source for the rubber that attaches between the front and rear side windows. Thanks

those are called "lock ferrels" or "knob ferrels" the door lock knob goes through them on the door. yearone or laysons i know will have them. gaskets either one will probably have as well. check them out on the web...

7demon2 I believe he is refering to the upper door panel. On your 72 its the upper metal part of the door but in the late 70's they change it to plastic ala federal safety standards.

Problem Child, as of now no one that I know of offer those. My dad has the same problem with his 75. We will probaly use older model doors and aluminium in the back. Most junkers are in the same shape as yours so boneyards are out of the question. Good luck at finding them the only other chance is NOS.

I see various plastic interior parts on ebay all the time, if you can't find your colour you might be able to dye them.

I have one for the passenger side from a 74 Dart Swinger if they are the same part. It is in good condition but the 2 outer mount holes are broken and it could be painted the color that you need. If you are interested in it make an offer plus shipping. [email protected]

-
Back