[SOLD] Door window rattling - need sweep?

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pawned

N.R.A. Lifetime Member - And damn proud of it
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,

My recently acquired 1971 Duster (Standard Body) has a problem with the door windows.
The windows rattle back and forth in the door.
The car came with a chromed window sweep that kept the window centered in the opening.
I think I may have found them, but I will need to buy an entire kit of the rubber trim for each door. The kits cost upwards of $150 and I only need to one part from each kit.

I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem

Thanks Ed:newb:

And as long as I am begging for help, Does anyone have a list of light bulbs are needed for this car. I figure I need a complete complement of light bulbs

Thanks in advance

it seems like I bought just the sweeps somewhere. I will try to find the info in my records this weekend and see if I can find that purchase.

Near as I can tell I had something listed as side window wipers from Year one. I don't remember how I found it, but I just tried searching their site for it....well, the Year One web site really sucks....I typed in "window wiper" and got a return of lithium grease and I clicked on the "door internal parts" link and got antenna hole plug as a return. I can't say how much they cost because the total of the order (I had several things on the same order) was $123. Hope this helps you.

Hello,

My recently acquired 1971 Duster (Standard Body) has a problem with the door windows.
The windows rattle back and forth in the door.
The car came with a chromed window sweep that kept the window centered in the opening.
I think I may have found them, but I will need to buy an entire kit of the rubber trim for each door. The kits cost upwards of $150 and I only need to one part from each kit.

I am sure that I am not the only one with this problem

Thanks Ed:newb:

And as long as I am begging for help, Does anyone have a list of light bulbs are needed for this car. I figure I need a complete complement of light bulbs

Thanks in advance

justmopar.com has the sweeps that you want but the sweeps are sold as a kit for both doors. They are just the sweeps for the inside and the outside of the doors and the rear windows. I don't know of anyone who will sell you just the outside sweep for one window. Good luck with your search.

Just be aware those 65Val posted are the 4 outer sweeps, not the inner and outer door sweeps.. cheers

Keep looking ,, there's gotta be some closer,, Try phoning Legendary, I got mine there a few months ago.. but I can't find them on the website ..

I don't know of anyone who will sell you just the outside sweep for one window. Good luck with your search.

I understood he was just looking for the outside ones...if not, I apologize for the bad tip.

I got mine for my 'vert (full set) from Nigel @ National MoParts, here in Canada...same price as ebay, and way less shipping cost.

Thats a good buy on e bag for all four pieces, I purchased a lot of parts from NOS Reproductions over the last 20 yeras, always have had great luck , and really good guys tom talk to Dale, Chris, Terry.

Hotlines - That is exactly what I am looking for. The other suggestions were also great. But I only need the sweeps for both doors. The rest of the trim seems to be in good shape.

You all are fantastic, I am very grateful I stumbled onto this forum

I finally received the proper window sweeps for the Duster. The first set I purchased, (from Convertible Tops in Florida ,maybe) looked great but could not be adapted to work on a Duster.

Now I can open and close the doors without the windows rattling and sounding terrible.
Now when the door is closed it sounds like a very solid vehicle. I appreciate the help I received from members.

Something so small and unnoticeable makes such a large difference in the way the car looks and sounds. It just took so long to the parts to arrive

Attachments

• 2013-08-15 15.14.33.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 2013-08-15 15.14.18.jpg
    111.2 KB · Views: 101
Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back