door window

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
how is the door window meant to bee put into the drivers side door on a 1973 duster, broke that window last summer and found another one from a 74 duster but i cant get it to steer properly..
right now i have to have it rooled down all the time when driving and when i park the car i have to give the window a light push inwards to make it seal agianst the sealing:(
any ideas apreciated, hard to explain the problem but i will try better if you guys need it;)
thanks in advance

well i gues noone knows:( will try working some more on it but i am out of ideas:(

You might check to make sure the glass will interchange, I ran into his problem with my 69 Dart, the door glass I have is arched and the older 67 stuff is flat. There should be a bolt access in the end of the door that allows you to move the glass in to the inside of the car or to the outside. Just loosen the bolt and move the glass when it is rolled up to the position you need and retighten. You shouldn't need to remove the door panel. Hope this helps. I can provide digital pics if you need.

dificult to realy check it upclose if the glass is right since the old window blew into alot of small pieces:( have been looking and trying to compare it to the other side glass and it looks the same (but as a mirror image) as far as i can tell..
will have a look tomorow for that bolt didnt know there was one,

thanks alot for the ide´

you need to look at the plastic rollers that roll on the tracks inside the door, i bet some are cracked or broken. R/T specialties sells new ones, i think.

havent had the time to get to look at the doorwindow, changed my enginemounts again :( (but hopelully for the last time today) but will have another look at the door tomorow, but from what i remember there where just two rollers on the tracks inside the door and they looked ok but i never checked them realy close so i will have another look tomorow,
thanks for the help so far guys!

well i gues iam stupid or blind or just about anything, but today when looking some more fore reasons why the window didnt roll up properly i found two more parts to mount the window to inside the door, i had totaly missed them but i still cant get this done right, since there is no holes in the window for those to mounting bolts (wish is why i didnt find thos parts in the door the first time around)
i gues there must be diferent door windows for these cars since these bolt holes dont exist in my window:( will probalbly go to someone who works with carglass all the time who might bee able to glue dose mountingparts to the window...

-
Back