Doug/TTI Headers with Stock K to After K

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Hi y'all,

Has anyone used Doug/TTI headers in a stock K frame setup and had any issues with them fitting in the car when swapping to a HDK or QA1 etc?

With all the companies making suspension-specific headers, I really don't want to have to buy new headers. I am looking to get a set of headers that will work with an aftermarket K (PS rack and DD shaftt) and also a stock K that has say biscuit mounts and a stock manual box.

Please let me know what you guys know!

I talk to Denny (great guy)at Moparty, he said the dougs I have on my early a will fit with his front end, but he also said that ebody headers will work without being a two piece header.

Hi y'all,

Has anyone used Doug/TTI headers in a stock K frame setup and had any issues with them fitting in the car when swapping to a HDK or QA1 etc?

With all the companies making suspension-specific headers, I really don't want to have to buy new headers. I am looking to get a set of headers that will work with an aftermarket K (PS rack and DD shaftt) and also a stock K that has say biscuit mounts and a stock manual box.

Please let me know what you guys know!
I used the dougs D453 headers on my 408 & 70 Duster and manual steering. I had the QA1 K member. Was the easiest set of headers I ever installed. Only issue I ran into was when I changed to 1.03 torsion bars, so I had to ding some tubes to get enough clearance so they would not rattle.

You will just have to check for conflicts after installation. They all have issues somewhere, or you got lucky. I have the same tti's that were on with my stock suspension, the idler arm was rubbing a slot in a tube. Switched to complete front Gerst suspension, now QA 1. Had to play with the motor mounts, position the engine where it needed to be to clear no 7 tube from frame, and get offset mounts for the rack and pinion to clear the oil pan.
The engine can move up to 1/2" all around with the repositioning of the engine brackets. You'll be okay, just keep your eyes open.

Sounds like its the usual shot in the dark, with some wiggle room.

-
Back