Dougs Headers at a Great Price!

-
Just order a set 10 mins ago be here in two days

Mullinax,

Nope, just stating what I've seen over the years of dealing with these things. tti makes a nice product that has a very small window in which the step is a benefit. They've also done a good job marketing the product and Dougs does not. Don't even think about using the steps on anything making more than 550... even the 1 7/8' race headers are not good compared to husslers/hookers and other 1 7/8" parts on the market. I'm talking 25+ HP differences.

If people want to spend extra money on headers have at it. I'll spend the saved $200 in the budget on a comparative build and snag a better converter/carb and kick the tti users tail. Actually if I was really doing a budget and didn't care about fit, it would be the summits and both a carb and converter upgrade. That would more than make up for the header hp loss with a likely 12+hp net gain on a 450-500hp engine. It's all what you want to do.

Most of the "fit" issues have NOTHING to do with the headers themselves (tti & Dougs). The most recent one in the forums had the wrong engine brackets... but some blame the headers for that...

If people don't know of alternative choices that fit well, then they are not able to make an informed choice.

well said.

Just order a set 10 mins ago be here in two days

good for you buddy!!

Got the summit, just to let you guys know you can only get them for 537 because "everybody can get them at this price, the discount code doesn't apply to everyone because not everyone has that code" at least you can same some money it's better then nothing at all.

They'll only match the advertised price, not with any coupons/promo codes.

I'd tell them that that price is delivered and hope they match it.

I just ordered the D450's for my 66 from Summit and they honored the "clubgp" discounted price. You have to walk them through the process to add the code.

Tell them to add the item to the shopping cart. It then brings you to the order summary page. There is a button for "Recalc/Update Order". Have them press then enter "clubgp" in the discount code box and press the submit button and the discount code will show.

FYI - the D450 ceramic coated headers are $754.36.

Jesse

I just ordered the D450's for my 66 from Summit and they honored the "clubgp" discounted price. You have to walk them through the process to add the code.

Tell them to add the item to the shopping cart. It then brings you to the order summary page. There is a button for "Recalc/Update Order". Have them press then enter "clubgp" in the discount code box and press the submit button and the discount code will show.

FYI - the D450 ceramic coated headers are $754.36.

Jesse

Hey Jesse where did you get $754.36?

These are all I could find on Summit

$859.95
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/DOU-D450/

Man that's higher than TTIs

D453 is coated...

Why would anyone buy direct from petronix when they normally sell at list, 644, to protect their distribution chain?

D453 is coated...

Why would anyone buy direct from petronix when they normally sell at list, 644, to protect their distribution chain?

_____
$ 45

Not much difference in price. I always thought Dougs was cheaper than that.

Lets see, buy direct and pay $130 more than you can through a distributor...

Guys have bought the coated ones through summit for $519 delivered. Try that math! (don't forget shipping cost)

Let me explain something for you. Manufacturers usually sell at list price to protect the distribution channels. If Petronix sold the headers for $550 or less at WD prices, and sold them to some dealers/distributors for the same, why would a distributor take on the cost for no profit. Now some big dealers get a good break on list like Wholesale Distributor or better usually in the 30%+ range. They can price them where ever they feel they can make a buck between cost and list, unless you have a price fixing situation like what tti does.

Buying direct in this case is not the smartest thing to do because there are other vendors of the product selling for less.

-
Back