Dougs Headers at a Great Price!

-
Man that's a screamin deal. Wish I could sell some stuff to afford them. Had so many doctor and hospital bills lately I'm drained.

Got Em. Go get your deal :)

67jhu8.jpg

2cepy03.jpg

Good price I show them on line at $583 plus handling and free ground shipping from summit. May have to try some on the Dart after I beat these Hookers to death on the pavement.

I love Summit. Order by 9pm and get next day!

Yeah I do too! I wished I enough money to go along with their service!

O K now how do you get them for that price. Please explain,Thanks Kevin.

You better hurry before Summit catches on! If they even care... I don't know. What really could they do if except match the price?

O K now how do you get them for that price. Please explain,Thanks Kevin.

Click on the link that Mopardude posted in the very first link. That'll take you to the Performance Peddler's website. That's where the good price is but since some of the guys here have had bad customer serv. from The performance peddler you can call Summit and tell them you want the Doug's D453 headers and that The performance peddler advertises them at $537.64 and they'll match the price. Thus you get the great headers at a great price with great service.

yea, a month later, and i am still waiting for mine from performance peddler. thay are a bunch of a-holes. they keep d****** me around, and i am still waiting for them

yea, a month later, and i am still waiting for mine from performance peddler. thay are a bunch of a-holes. they keep d****** me around, and i am still waiting for them

Call them in the morning, have them refund your money, then call summit. :)

You guys do know that Doug's Headers are 1 5/8 tube while TTi's are 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 tube right. Not trying to knock Doug's, a good deal is a good deal, just thought I'd point this out.

You guys do know that Doug's Headers are 1 5/8 tube while TTi's are 1 3/4 or 1 7/8 tube right. Not trying to knock Doug's, a good deal is a good deal, just thought I'd point this out.
Yep the dougs are well made,but when I got mine I measured the inside diameter...they were too small for the right performance needed.I went with 1 7/8 fenderwells,then ofcourse TTi came out with the 1 3/4 under chassis for the Early-A,s.Such is life!Good deal James.

Yep the dougs are well made,but when I got mine I measured the inside diameter...they were too small for the right performance needed.I went with 1 7/8 fenderwells,then ofcourse TTi came out with the 1 3/4 under chassis for the Early-A,s.Such is life!Good deal James.

Uh oh!

I like my TTIs thank you very much! :toothy10:

Actually, TTI's are 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 step...But I see what ur sayin....The 1 5/8" will be perfect for my hot lil 318....:)

And the difference is about NIL with the step. If you want to spend an extra $200 for 5hp, if that... have at it.

Good to read you got your headers James. Too bad the first group can't ship them in a reasonable time frame

Thanks for that info for the price I thought they were larger,Thanks Kevin.

ok, i got my money back from performance peddler,* but now went to order them at summit, and they keep telling me the best they can do pricewise is 537.00.* but i only paid 519.87 at the other placemopardude318,** who did you speak to?* help.lol

They'll only match the advertised price, not with any coupons/promo codes.

I'd tell them that that price is delivered and hope they match it.

They SHOULD match the ''as delivered'' price from performance peddler, with that "clubgp" code the peddler uses...I don't know who I talked to. lol But the guy had no problem getting em for what 519...

Actually, TTI's are 1 5/8 to 1 3/4 step...But I see what ur sayin....The 1 5/8" will be perfect for my hot lil 318....:)

And the difference is about NIL with the step. If you want to spend an extra
$200 for 5hp, if that... have at it.

I just love these header threads..... they're so controversial! Aren't they crackedback? LOL

Then here comes this sarcastic arsehole trying to start something...

Uh oh!

I like my TTIs thank you very much! :toothy10:

Mullinax,

Nope, just stating what I've seen over the years of dealing with these things. tti makes a nice product that has a very small window in which the step is a benefit. They've also done a good job marketing the product and Dougs does not. Don't even think about using the steps on anything making more than 550... even the 1 7/8' race headers are not good compared to husslers/hookers and other 1 7/8" parts on the market. I'm talking 25+ HP differences.

If people want to spend extra money on headers have at it. I'll spend the saved $200 in the budget on a comparative build and snag a better converter/carb and kick the tti users tail. Actually if I was really doing a budget and didn't care about fit, it would be the summits and both a carb and converter upgrade. That would more than make up for the header hp loss with a likely 12+hp net gain on a 450-500hp engine. It's all what you want to do.

Most of the "fit" issues have NOTHING to do with the headers themselves (tti & Dougs). The most recent one in the forums had the wrong engine brackets... but some blame the headers for that...

If people don't know of alternative choices that fit well, then they are not able to make an informed choice.

-
Back