Doug's headers (D453) install/fit questions

-

69B-Cuda

Reaction score
I'm getting ready to bite the bullet and install some headers on my 69 Barracuda. (360/904, floor shift, and Power steering). I am looking at Dougs (D453) but looking at the description page on Jegs, it says they will not fit with a 727. (That note is not on the page on Summit's website... ) It just so happens that I have a 727 that I was going to install in place of my 904 (904 is getting tired)... So, question is, has anyone installed these with a 727 or know what the issue is?

I called Dougs about this when I was shopping for headers and if memory serves me right the issue was with the width in the pan area.
I could be wrong, but do know I made the call and ended up with TTI's.

I have a 70 Duster, with the old Hedmans going to hell, so I have been in here watching. It seems that Doug's says won't fit a 727, but it seems that a lot of people are happy, with an auto. Dunno, I would like the correct answer too.

I called Dougs about this when I was shopping for headers and if memory serves me right the issue was with the width in the pan area.
I could be wrong, but do know I made the call and ended up with TTI's.

yeah, that has me a bit worried, don't want to limit my tranny options... I'm assuming you like the TTI's, are you running the big starter or did you go to a mini starter

I have them on a SB with 727 and a mini starter with column shift

-
Back