Doug's headers with edlebrock heads

-

michael1012

Reaction score
A word of warning re: the small block headers from Dougs. We were wrapping up the engine build and when we went to check the header gaskets and then the headers we found out that the ports on the headers were smaller than the ports on the head. Needless to say we returned them and now I'm going to try TTIs. If they don't work I don't know where to turn next.

hooker super comps have pretty large ports as you have to use some of the largest gaskets and open them up too.

Which TTI you using , 1 3/4 stepped or the larger size pipes ? I'm using the stepped headers , never checked if the Ede ports were bigger than the heders opening , will be waiting for your findings

Running TTI'S on my Edelbrock headed smallblocks for 7 years now never noticed a difference in port size certainly hasn't affected performance if there is one,i'll have to take a look when i switch engines this offseason..

tti leak on eddies too if they have work done to them. Plenty have had issues with them.

tti leak on eddies too if they have work done to them. Plenty have had issues with them.
What work , and where do they leak ? Once in a while I think I hear a faint exhaust leak , not sure though .

-
Back