Dougs Headers

-

R4Sedan

Larry
Reaction score
I just bought a pair of Doug's for my Barracuda '67. I was wondering for you all that are already running these header's, what you are running for the rest of the exhaust? Jeg's,Summit, TTI, local muffler shop. If you have any Pictures that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

I just bought a pair of Doug's for my Barracuda '67. I was wondering for you all that are already running these header's, what you are running for the rest of the exhaust? Jeg's,Summit, TTI, local muffler shop. If you have any Pictures that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks

I'm running them and they fit great in my 72 dart. I just had local shop do 2.5 inch to rear axle and dump there. Has flow master 40 series sounded great

I've used summit 2.5 and 3" using Dougs.

You have to do some reworking of the front pipes as they are set up to use Hooker headers.

I am running Doug's headers on my 67 Coronet, awesome header! My exhaust system is a collection of a bunch of manufactures...lol Doug's headers, Pypes collectors and Pypes 'X' pipe kit, Dynomax Ultra Flows and TTI tail pipes. 3" front to back and sounds awesome!

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 317
I run dougs headers and pypes 2 1/2" exhaust all the way out the back. However I don't use the gas tank. I have a 18 gallon fuel cell in the trunk. Benefit of this is the tail pypes are much easier to install the way you want. Also the only hiccup I found on the 67 fish for the headers is the steering column. My car had power steering. Converted to manual. I ended up cutting the outer flange of the column back 3". Then I installed a bearing to replace the white bushing. #7 primary pipe on header is 1/16" away from column and would eventually melt the plastic bushing. And if you don't have your motor chained down, it will rattle against your steering column. That's the only problem I had. Oh yeah I have no kick down linkage. I run RMV in my tranny. Good luck and take your time.

Thanks to all that posted. I am just trying to get some ideas as of right now. On my last couple car's I used TTI headers and their complete exhaust kit. I think it's a great system,however I just did't want to pony up that kind of money again. So that's why I opted for the Doug's headers. It seems like it is also a toss up between TTI and Dougs headers whenever the topic is brought up, so I thought I would save a little and buy the Dougs.

-
Back