Doug's wont work with 727?

-
Reaction score
Hey yall,
I was just doing some header shopping the other day on summit, when i clicked on the footnotes around dougs headers it said that they dont work with 727s? I have a 1971 Dart Swinger with power steering and power brakes- i am currently running Headman Headers and they over heat that power steering gear box so i was hoping to buy a set that would give it proper amount of room without build a heat shield. also with headmans i cant ge to all of my spark plugs without taking them off. i have a 360/727 combo and wnat long tubes if possible but i built my motor for torque so shorties or block huggers would work as long as the installation is easy. any advice and picures will help! - Thanks Sam

Attachments

• IMG_1568.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 443
Hooler Super Comps are great or if you got the coin TTIs are the best love mine Have both header TTI in Dart and Hookers in my 73 duster 318 727 now

You could change to manual steering, or save up for TTI's ?

Doug's work with power steering and 727, they need to update their site/info. With a 4 speed though (Doug's/TTi) you need to mod your z bar.

That sure looks like a 727 to me...

yup looks like a 727

DSC01957.jpg

DSC02010.jpg

Thank you so much guys, i was really sticker shocked by the price of tti's being a college kid $800 is hard to come by. Some days i wish i was a chevy guy just so i could find parts easy and cheap! But Mopar or No Car! I will probably carry the hedmans over to my Dart since its manual steering 904 car. Ill just call Dougs and tell them what i have and hopefully they will send something that slides right in just like everyone says! I was so close to ordering them last night and wanted to check that they would work with my 727, Thanks! Sam

Hey yall,
I was just doing some header shopping the other day on summit, when i clicked on the footnotes around dougs headers it said that they dont work with 727s? I have a 1971 Dart Swinger with power steering and power brakes- i am currently running Headman Headers and they over heat that power steering gear box so i was hoping to buy a set that would give it proper amount of room without build a heat shield. also with headmans i cant ge to all of my spark plugs without taking them off. i have a 360/727 combo and wnat long tubes if possible but i built my motor for torque so shorties or block huggers would work as long as the installation is easy. any advice and picures will help! - Thanks Sam

FYI, I've been able to get the rear two driver's side plugs out with a spark plug socket and wrench that will fit the hex. I've been dealing with the cheapie street headers that way for years.

-
Back