Down shifting crunches

-

dart gt

Reaction score
Took the Duster for its first drive since i bought it and shifted great from 1st to 4th.Then went to stop and down shifting from 4th to 1st and every gear was crunchy going in.I have a centerforce clutch.With the car out of gear and clutch out there is no noise,but as soon as i put it in gear there is a rattling and scrapping noise when i let the clutch out a little.Going in reverse is very noisy but going ahead isnt bad other than the rattling.Car has a modified 318 with 355 sure grip rearend 833 tranny.Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.Thank You David

What kind of downshifting were you doing? If it was the "as seen on TV" big time downshifting your clutch may be toast....... Although many throw those cool, big time downshifts without issue, fact is clutches are not made for that and they can fail.

Yep, I would say a adjustment is in order.

I had heard so many different people with different ideas on the over centre spring,should i have it there or not with a center force clutch.The adjustment your talking about for the clutch,is that the one that runs from the fork for the pedal adjustment?How do you tell when you have enough or to little.Thanks David

CF clutch, remove the over-spring. BTW, the over-spring has nuttin to do w/your problem(s) if its still installed.

-
Back