Dr Diff upper a-arm adapter

-

Dead End Kid

Reaction score
I want to get on with putting disc brake/LBP put on the B'cuda, and am going the FMJ spindle route. The only thing I've got to deceide on is how to deal with the requisite late model upper ball joint. I've looked at the Dr Diff E-Bay offering, but it is unclear on how this actually works. It consists of tappered bushings and a "special" gland nut. I can't tell from the picture on how this actually works. Does the tappered bushing actually require them to be welded in place or? The little blurb in the ad, as I remember, sounds like you also actually utilize a lower ball joint. Maybe it is straight forward and I'm just over-analizing it. If cutting/welding/machining is required, I'll probably go the after-market a-arm route.

He is active over on Moparts maybe you might look him up there and ask some questions. Ive bought some stuff from him and he is a super nice guy

check his website also, www.doctordiff.com
He has his contact info right there. I bought a set of axles from him. He is very helpful and will answer all your questions even if you bought from someone else. Good luck

I want to get on with putting disc brake/LBP put on the B'cuda, and am going the FMJ spindle route. The only thing I've got to deceide on is how to deal with the requisite late model upper ball joint. I've looked at the Dr Diff E-Bay offering, but it is unclear on how this actually works. It consists of tappered bushings and a "special" gland nut. I can't tell from the picture on how this actually works. Does the tappered bushing actually require them to be welded in place or? The little blurb in the ad, as I remember, sounds like you also actually utilize a lower ball joint. Maybe it is straight forward and I'm just over-analizing it. If cutting/welding/machining is required, I'll probably go the after-market a-arm route.

OK lets see if I can really confuse you,lol.

The 72 up bbp brakes use a bigger upper ball joint. This means you cant bolt your stock 72 down upper control arm to a 72 up spindle.

The adaptor acts like a sleeve over the smaller 72 down ball joint which allows you to bolt on 72 up spindles(bbp) to your stock upper control arms.

-
Back