dr j's airwolf heads

-

wade

Reaction score
has any one run them or know anything about them? im considering running them on a stroker 408. im looking to make about 550 hp. im thinking compcams hr295xr cam, tell me if this is the wrong cam or should i go bigger, all the help i can get is appriciated

cant tell you that without more build specs.

no i havent tried yet, but ive seen a few videos on youtube. heres what im thinkning for the 340.
.040 10.5-10.9 flat top pistons, eagle forged stroker kit with hbeam rods, file fit .0035 rings, comp cams hr294hr cam or hughes HUG HEH4650AL piece, i want monster flowing heads, no off the shelf edelbrocks, unless i get them bare and have them worked over. induction will be eather an air gap rpm or an indy 360-1 with a 850 dp or fast fuel injection. im bugeting 6-7000 for the engine so let me know if im on the right track, the car wil run the 727 for now and be upgraded with a cheata manual valve body and 3500 stall minimum and 410 gears, in a 69 swinger

give mike at mrl a call he knows his combos:D

If it's the same person I know the guy at DR J's. His name is Bryce and he did a set of Stage VI heads for me that I had on my 440. They turned out really nice but I have not run them yet on my motor. They are located in Anaheim Calif.

no i havent tried yet, but ive seen a few videos on youtube. heres what im thinkning for the 340.
.040 10.5-10.9 flat top pistons, eagle forged stroker kit with hbeam rods, file fit .0035 rings, comp cams hr294hr cam or hughes HUG HEH4650AL piece, i want monster flowing heads, no off the shelf edelbrocks, unless i get them bare and have them worked over. induction will be eather an air gap rpm or an indy 360-1 with a 850 dp or fast fuel injection. im bugeting 6-7000 for the engine so let me know if im on the right track, the car wil run the 727 for now and be upgraded with a cheata manual valve body and 3500 stall minimum and 410 gears, in a 69 swinger

Might wanna look real hard at an overdrive transmission otherwise it's gonna be screaming at freeway speeds. Just sayin.

has any one run them or know anything about them? im considering running them on a stroker 408. im looking to make about 550 hp. im thinking compcams hr295xr cam, tell me if this is the wrong cam or should i go bigger, all the help i can get is appriciated

They make power despite not flowing as advertised...and I can make the same power hand porting some edelbrocks.
I just don't know how long the aluminum will hold up, especially on the deck. I made 616HP on a 427cid small block for a Moparts member at 11:1 and a solid FT cam.
Brian

Video: [ame]http://youtu.be/5nPhc_M9EC0[/ame]

They make power despite not flowing as advertised...and I can make the same power hand porting some edelbrocks.
I just don't know how long the aluminum will hold up, especially on the deck. I made 616HP on a 427cid small block for a Moparts member at 11:1 and a solid FT cam.
Brian

Video: http://youtu.be/5nPhc_M9EC0

Nice numbers, for a flat tappet .....

hmmm interesting. thank ill be looking into this more this week, i just got up noth to the job site ill be working on for the next month, im going to do a lot of research up here and start ordering part in a week or so, i just picked up a 5.7 hemi for 200 bucks, i just dont what motor to build for the dart yet

Shoot I tried for a long time to get ahold of him. He is a ghost!

He might be a relative to the Edelbrock SB Victor heads then some of us have seen them on picture but no way to find them in reality.

-
Back