Dr said its time.

-

memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
My wife talked me into asking if anyone ever had skin cancer taken off.
I have known about this for a couple weeks now, But did not want to
bring it up here,:???: I have a little friend on my balding head that the Dr.
said it needs to be taken off, Its about the size of a pencil eraser a little smaller, So I go in tomorrow to have it removed.:pale:
I ask my Dr. what kind is it ,is it bad and he said no but it is growing and
my cap rubs it. I said Quote :argue:This is not going to spread into my brain and put me in the dirt in 6 mouths is it, I told him about my uncle having some taken of his ear and he was gone in 6 months.
He said no !! Its not that kind of skin cancer. Still skeptical, I will talk to
the other Dr that will be removing it tomorrow.

I should get a good deal since they don't have to shave the area :-D
I don't know if they use a hot knife or a laser:dontknow:
But I will find out with a phone call today.
Thanks for your time and any experience on this :clock:

It should be quick and pretty painless Mike. Get 'er done. If it's melonoma, it's nothing to be toyed with and needs to go right now!

Good luck my friend and let us know how it turns out.

good luck. heres hoping for a cute nurse.You could always shave your head with a straight razor.lol :toothy10:

Quote> I have a little friend on my balding head that the Dr.
said it needs to be taken off, Its about the size of a pencil eraser a little smaller, So I go in tomorrow to have it removed. <Quote

So what needs to be removed Mike, the head or the little friend. :)

Are you kidding me? What's there to be skeptical of? GET IT TAKEN CARE OF MAN!

You're a big boy, Mike. You'll be fine!

I'm only 23, but I've already had multiple spots, moles, etc removed, just to be safe. Seven or eight of them. Skin cancer runs in my family, so I'm REALLY cautious on the whole deal. They've used a laser, to cut them off, they've burned them off, and on the four or five of them, they actually used a scalpel, and I ended up getting stitches. None of it was all that bad. Nothing to be truly worried about as long as you have a good dermatologist.

Dad had this stuff for years and would have the patches removed when they started bothering him or bleeding. The dermatologist took them off with liquid nitrogen. He came in the room carrying a styrofoam cup with the stuff in it and dipped a Qtip in the cup to wet the spots. In a few days the spot would come off with the bandaid. Took a couple weeks for it to fully heal and it would be 5 or 10 years before it needed attention again. Hope this is the type you have and it doesn't get more complicated than that. We'll be praying for you. Let us know how it all turns out.

My Mom had a few spots that she ignored until they became open sores, and then they spread.........The time is when they are small Mike.........

Get that opinion, but use wisdom.........A second opinion is always good. Just don't wait too long to resolve it.

Mike,
I have had some stuff removed too. It is uncomfortable, but not a big deal, and something that must be done! Best wishes...

Slanted66

Quote> I have a little friend on my balding head that the Dr.
said it needs to be taken off, Its about the size of a pencil eraser a little smaller, So I go in tomorrow to have it removed. <Quote

So what needs to be removed Mike, the head or the little friend. :)

:toothy10::toothy10: they say they cover the ugly heads with hair and let the nice heads shin OldVart:-D and from what I seen you have a head full of hair covering that ugly up.:poke::toothy7:

Thanks for the well wishes and I am sure I will be fine.
I just took my wife's advice and share it with yall here.
I have had dark skin my whole life and worked in the sun ALLOT as a
child the same as some other members here, They say that the fair skin folks that work inside and get to much sun on the weekends and vacations
have the worst chance of a bad skin cancer developing.
This redskin Cherokee will be fine.
know is the time to get my dermatologist to do his work.

Thanks Mike S.

Mey Mike, when I was around 25 a guy I worked with had what sounds to be the same as you and had it removed. Was the first time Id ever really knew anyone that had to have it done. Now it seems that 2 or 3 times a year I run into some that is or has had it done. Seems like its become a VERY common surgery these days. Best of luck with the surgery my friend!!!

memike, I think that's the ones they use the rusty chainsaws to remove! :toothy10:

Good luck. You'll be fine!

:toothy10::toothy10: they say they cover the ugly heads with hair and let the nice heads shin OldVart:-D and from what I seen you have a head full of hair covering that ugly up.:poke::toothy7:

That was just some left over dog hair I glued to the inside of my hat so you'd think I actually had hair Mike. :toothy10:

I guess thats why my skins so tough. I,m an 1/8 cherokee. My great grandmother was full blooded. Guess that makes us blood brothers.

You'll be fine Mike not to worry. I get them removed all the time while they're still moles or what passes for a mole.

Terry

When I was in my mid 20's I started to thin up top a little so I just started shaving my head, seen too many guys with ridiculous combovers and figured why fight it. I always said I was "bald by choice". Still shave my head, but I dont think I can still claim to be bald by choice :-D

Best of luck Memike. You'll be fine I'm sure. I'm losing my hair so I always try to wear a hat in the sun(fair skinned/blue eyed). Be glad your little "friend" wasn't on the other head:-\"

Best of luck Memike. You'll be fine I'm sure. I'm losing my hair so I always try to wear a hat in the sun(fair skinned/blue eyed). Be glad your little "friend" wasn't on the other head:-\"

So true :toothy10: and thanks,

Well no laundry or dishes to do, and the bathroom is shinning:sunny: so its time for a cold one:drinkers: and sit on the back deck and watch the trees turn to fall season.:drinkers:
This is the funny part :dontknow:I can't find my note that tells me the time for tomorrow.
They all are closed to day at noon answering machines and late night services.:dontknow: So I will have a close shave tomorrow and call early to find out when I am suppose to be there.
Of course I will be wearing a mirror on my shoe so I can get a good look at what the nurse is up too.:-D

Thanks for all you kind and caring wishes and prayers folks :read2:

Treva made me do it.

-
Back