!!!Drag Week 2012 Dates and Tracks!!!

-

DusterDj

DUSTU2
Reaction score
Hot Rod Magazine UPDATE: HOT ROD Drag Week 2012 is Sept 9-14. Tulsa. Oklahoma; then the Motorplex in Ennis, Texas; then Thunder Road in Gilliam, Louisiana; then Memphis International Raceway; and back to Tulsa for evening finals. These are solid tracks...will this be the first all-6-second Drag Week?

Outstanding, how close are you to tidying up your ride?
I bet you were really disappointed to be so close last year.
So you can getter done now and have a bunch of shake down runs and be ready to kick some a#$ and take names.Wish it was closer to cali.. anywho. goodluck...........

socaldart

Wow didn't realize mileage involved, over 1200 miles- 2012 will it be more miles than last year?

I have plans to get my 72 Scamp ready but only for the memphis date.

Attachments

• body work start.jpg
    148.4 KB · Views: 547
  • scamp4.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 536
Outstanding, how close are you to tidying up your ride?
I bet you were really disappointed to be so close last year.
So you can getter done now and have a bunch of shake down runs and be ready to kick some a#$ and take names.Wish it was closer to cali.. anywho. goodluck...........

socaldart

Yeah man,

I should be ready this year. Should be testing here very soon also...

I have plans to get my 72 Scamp ready but only for the memphis date.

Unfortunately,

If you don't start at the beginning they won't let you just test n tune when they come through your city. It is already a problem just getting the cars entered in Drag Week through let alone allot of test n tuners/grudge racers get passes also...

Oh yeah, I'll be in the Mazda. It's the only running sbm swapped RX7 that I know of (most are LSx). I was hoping more guys would chime it to see who is going.

These are solid tracks...will this be the first all-6-second Drag Week?

Dj, have you ever been in a car as quick as what you plan to run this summer? Whats fastest you've ran? 6-7 sec gonna feel like you were shot out of a cannon compared to what must of us can run,,,woohoo!!!

I hope to make it down to Drag week where ever it is in next couple of years, even if only to spectate. I'm definately looking forward to seeing all the video and pics while this year is going on via the web.

Please have your family and friends take video and youtube it and hook us up with links daily :D. Best of luck dethroning that Cheby

Dj, have you ever been in a car as quick as what you plan to run this summer? Whats fastest you've ran? 6-7 sec gonna feel like you were shot out of a cannon compared to what must of us can run,,,woohoo!!!

I hope to make it down to Drag week where ever it is in next couple of years, even if only to spectate. I'm definately looking forward to seeing all the video and pics while this year is going on via the web.

Please have your family and friends take video and youtube it and hook us up with links daily :D. Best of luck dethroning that Cheby

Nope,

The fastest i have ever been was 9.50's in a 72 Colt. Short wheel base, a little wild going down the track, but it was fun. My Duster should be a better ride. 110 wheel base and a 25.2 spec chassis with good suspension parts. I know it is a learning curve but I'm not scared. Built this car for one reason, and it is to go Really Fracken Fast. i'll be making some hit in May. I'll post some vids as I get them.

Got word that there is 78 out of the 200 already pre-registered. All that in just a tad bit over 24 hours. Get your spots locked in peoples. Could be rumors but I have seen allot of people put up there registration number saying they are good to go. I'm not surprised at this though.

Saw this update here and figured I would share with everybody if you haven't seen it already...

http://www.cpgnation.com/forum/comp-...drag-7098.html

COMP Cams® Returns To Hot Rod Drag Week In 2012
Memphis, TN - COMP Cams® and the COMP Performance Group™ companies return to support Hot Rod Drag Week participants in a big way during the 2012 tour.

This September more than 200 hand-selected drivers and cars will take part in the 8th annual Hot Rod Drag Week, a 5-day, 1100-mile round trip journey that every year redefines the term “street/strip machine.” The 2012 edition of the racing road trip will take place from September 9th-14th, during which time each participant will visit four separate drag strips, compete daily in one of 15 classes (some with cars making passes in as little as six seconds) and then drive his or her high performance ride to the next stop on the tour. And they do it all without trailers or support vehicles; all cars are required to travel with all tools, provisions and equipment on board. COMP Cams® is proud to be back supporting this week long display of big, streetable horsepower. As part of its participation, COMP® will present the Engine Builder Challenge and provide prizes for the winning engine builders in each class. Meanwhile, sister companies FAST™ and TCI® will serve as the official fuel injection and official transmission of the program, respectively, and will also provide contingency prizes. COMP Performance Group™ support technicians will be present at each leg of Drag Week to offer technical assistance and lend a hand as well.

This year’s Drag Week kicks off on Sunday, September 9th with a Test & Tune and mandatory tech inspection at Tulsa Raceway Park in Oklahoma. The first race day takes place at that track the next day, before moving onto Ennis, TX, and the Texas Motorplex on Tuesday, September 11th. Race day number three is on Wednesday, September 12th, at Thunder Road Raceway in Gilliam, LA. From there the cars drive to Tennessee and Memphis International Raceway for the fourth race day on Thursday, September 13th. Upon leaving Memphis the street/strip cars once again head west to Oklahoma for the afternoon finals on Friday, September 14th, back at Tulsa Raceway Park. SPEED Channel camera crews will also be present to document all of the races and the trips for airing at a to-be-determined date.

Is " without trailers " to include trailers towed by the entrants for spares etc ?
This would be a change from past years..........or maybe they are referring to trailering the cars themselves.
I am giving thought to giving N/A pro street a shot next year.
This year would require more luck and money than I currently have , but I'll never say never.
Just probably not.:D

Is " without trailers " to include trailers towed by the entrants for spares etc ?
This would be a change from past years..........or maybe they are referring to trailering the cars themselves.
I am giving thought to giving N/A pro street a shot next year.
This year would require more luck and money than I currently have , but I'll never say never.
Just probably not.:D

They are talking about trailered cars. There is a certain size trailer you can pull with your Hot Rod though. See you next year then man...

Look what Tulsa is promoting... Looks like Hot Rod expanded the car count...

Capture.png

-
Back