Dreaded TCI valve body

-

furyus2

Reaction score
O.K. I made the mistake of putting a TCI valve body in my trans. The problem is, if I adjust the throttle pressure to where the throttle lever is all the way to the rear, I get no kick down to a lower gear. Also, it seems like the throttle lever on the trans moves about 1/3 of the movement before you feel any of the light spring pressure that the lever has with all linkage unhooked.. This makes me think that it's causing the throttle pressure to engage too late, causing the trans to shift too soon. Does this make sense? should I get another valve body? The trans was rebuilt at the time the valve body was installed. Any thoughts? Thanks. By the way, it does down shift to first when coming to a stop.

That play is supposed to be there. Did the kd work b4the vb Was changed

Don't know. The car came to me in pieces. It was never a running vehicle when I got it. Took the trans to a so called expert. he rebuilt it, but said the valve body had sat in water, and was ruined. I bought the TCI VB figuring it was better than used. Put the VB in, installed the trans, and this is where I'm at. No KD, and no throttle pressure.

-
Back