Drifting a 74 dart at 70mph.

-

California Dart

Dont List Websites Here
Reaction score
Well I scared the **** out of my wife yesterday. After finishing the Dart's suspension we took it out on a very cool winding road here in Carlsbad. Unreal how you can get these cars to handle with complete suspension packages. Drove down to san diego yesterday and the car seems like it's in good shape. Even with these funky 14 inch radials the car hugs the road. Can't wait to see how it rides with 15 inch rims and road tires. Great advise from you guys on this site.

It just feels unreal cause of these newer cars today. Cars used to be made to slide a little, why even the Hemi cars didn't come with fat *** tires. A good driver used to throw the rear end out on a fast turn.

Today's cars, once loose, they spin 180 degrees or more, you can't throw the rear out--if you do the car spins out. (theres a few cars, I seen a M6 that at slower speeds was throwing the rear out but those cars cost as much as some homes)

I'm not so sure 17 inch wheels would make it better--might grip the road better yes but then its too hard to slide the back out

It just feels unreal cause of these newer cars today. Cars used to be made to slide a little, why even the Hemi cars didn't come with fat *** tires. A good driver used to throw the rear end out on a fast turn.

Today's cars, once loose, they spin 180 degrees or more, you can't throw the rear out--if you do the car spins out. (theres a few cars, I seen a M6 that at slower speeds was throwing the rear out but those cars cost as much as some homes)

I'm not so sure 17 inch wheels would make it better--might grip the road better yes but then its too hard to slide the back out
I'm thinking 15x6 with Mich radials. I want the ride to be as good as possible.

I remember rebuilding the front end on my first A - 68 Barracuda. Finished up the night before I moved 2000 miles from the prairie flatlands through the Rockies to the Wet Coast. Was an awesome upgrade, and made hitting the deserted at 11PM on a weekday Coquihalla Hwy for the first time just that much more - ahem, enjoyable!

Grant

-
Back