Drip rail removal, clean / shaved look

-

75goldduster

Reaction score
Hey all, just wondering if anyone has removed or done the shave look of removing the drip rails? I have a 73 Duster, getting ready to do some body work and it just kinda stood out as very ugly to me.

Thanks for any pictures or thoughts.

I saw it on a Demon, It didn't really jump out at you that it was gone. Didn't look bad I guess but not my cup of tea.

Big job, that is where the weld is that holds on the roof. MT

Thanks 340doc and Mopar Tim.

MT, did not know that. Thanks for the info.

I agree that this is a huge under taking. that and you run the risk of the roof separating from the roof frame. or warping while welding it back together. If you want it gone then go for it. but if you just want to hide it a bit you could pull the chrome off and paint it body color. I personally like it because its part of the old school look of these cars.

Thanks younggun2.0,

The chrome is long gone. The whole car blacked out, the gentlemen I bought it from had it painted flat black, bumpers and all. I plan on going with Sublime or something.

I did it on my 68 dart. Big job. Cut 2 to 3" off then tack weld. But watch your heat. I had the car for 3 to 4 years after. And maybe 2 mopar guys noticed that they were shaved. If I had to do it agian I would of left them on.

-
Back