Drip Rail Trim

-

mopowers

Reaction score
Does anyone make a simple trim piece that covers the drip rail on an early Dart hardtop? I eliminated all of the excessive (in my opinion) trim on my '66 Dart GT and would like to replace it with something that just snaps over the outer edge like what's on my '68 Dart, if something like that even exists. The next option would be just body work it and paint it body color. Thank you.

1682378408262.png

Ironically I’m it that cross road with my ‘66 GT except mine is all freshly painted in two tone with all the clip already on the roof and holes on the belt line. So mine will be getting the crown molding.
Did you know that Chrysler brought back the crown molding in ‘65 on the Dart GT , it was last used on the Imperial several years before that .

The ‘63 through’66 270 hardtops all have the stainless trim on the drip rail that you are looking for . The problem is finding them .

Does anyone make a simple trim piece that covers the drip rail on an early Dart hardtop? I eliminated all of the excessive (in my opinion) trim on my '66 Dart GT and would like to replace it with something that just snaps over the outer edge like what's on my '68 Dart, if something like that even exists. The next option would be just body work it and paint it body color. Thank you.

View attachment 1716081998
Start a wanted thread.

The ‘63 through’66 270 hardtops all have the stainless trim on the drip rail that you are looking for . The problem is finding them .
Thank you! That's exactly the information I was looking for. Do you know how they install? Do they just slip on like on the '67+ version?

I take it no one repops these pieces? It won't be a huge deal if I don't find any. I may like it that way anyway since I tend to favor a cleaner look.

To anyone wanting to decrown a GT save yourself the trouble of filing all the trim holes in the fenders , doors , quarters and roof by starting with a 2door 270 hardtop :)

To anyone wanting to decrown a GT save yourself the trouble of filing all the trim holes in the fenders , doors , quarters and roof by starting with a 2door 270 hardtop :)
Rockers too. There was a lot of goddy *** trim on these GTs, that's for sure.

Does anyone know if this drip rail trim is interchangeable between a 2-door sedan and hardtop? The roof lines looks awfully similar in internet photos. I'm thinking if anything, the HT roof is a little higher maybe?

1682440511351.png

1682440534840.png

I'm pretty sure they are the same. I used a hardtop drip rail trim on my 63 Dart 170 to replace a missing piece.

rain gutter trim.jpg

-
Back