drip rain on 1969 dodge Dart how hard 2remove

-

USAJon

Maryland U.S.A.
Reaction score
i have never removed drip rail-s
these are very nice so im a little off on how to remove..is there a good way or correct way to remove without damage?
special tool?
thanks!

hard to explain but it just snaps on
I use a stiff putty knife and pop the
bottom lip on one end then it's real
simple

Check the archives here for my thread entitled."Drip Rail Removal Tool" to see a tutorial on how to do it and also how to make your own special tool for free to make the job a snap. Just search drip rail removal tool and it should be in there somewhere!!! Geof

Bestie340 thanks!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bYijoQUN_4"]‪1969 Dodge Dart Custom..removing drip rail with old church key w/duck tape‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

I have had reasonable luck just re-installing them by hand. But if they need a little persuasion, I would use a wooden block with the hammer. Those things can be damaged pretty easily. You can get away with it using a rubber hammer, if you are very careful. L8r

Jim

I have had reasonable luck just re-installing them by hand. But if they need a little persuasion, I would use a wooden block with the hammer. Those things can be damaged pretty easily. You can get away with it using a rubber hammer, if you are very careful. L8r

Jim

X2
I to have never had to use a tool to install.
I put a little bit of grease on the bottom edge of the drip rail to help
the stainless trim to snap over.

Kenny

-
Back