Driprail molding?

-

CanadianGT

Reaction score
Has anyone ever removed it completely? like the whole driprail and mount? My car is going to be a fairweather car and the molding seems like it's just such a bother to remove and install, I think it would clean up to look really well.

never did it,,,but would luv to see it,,,bet it will look great

Saw a Dart over on bigblockdart.com that completely removed the drip rail. I'll see if I can find it and come back with a link. It belonged to the guy who owned Rocky Mountain Dashes.

Yes

SANY0065.JPG

SANY0066.JPG

SANY0067.JPG

Saw a Dart over on bigblockdart.com that completely removed the drip rail. I'll see if I can find it and come back with a link. It belonged to the guy who owned Rocky Mountain Dashes.
Here 'tis
WindowRubber1.jpg

WindowRubber1.jpg

Any ideas on leaking? I doubt I'll be in the rain with my car but I wouldn't want to soak the whole interior.

Any ideas on leaking? I doubt I'll be in the rain with my car but I wouldn't want to soak the whole interior.

Dont think it will leak. Where the glass and weather strip meet is still under the edge or the roof. I am just gonna make sure the weatherstrip is sealed good to the roof edge.

My car will never sit outside in the rain, tho I will drive occasionally in it.

thats what I was thinking. Any photo's or suggestions on how to remove them?

It's pretty easy, just a little time consuming and needs patience. I cut small 4-5 inch sections out at a time, ground it down smooth and welded it up, ground down the welds and then a very very thin layer of filler. I used a MIG, 90 degree grinder w/ 40 then 80 grit paper.

Start in the middle and work out from there.

-
Back