drive shaft question

-
A rather belated update. I installed the driveshaft and got the 360 fired, got about 200 miles on the Barracuda. No strange vibrations, it's a joy to drive! I'm guessing the driveshaft to be where most of the vibrations were coming from, but I can't rule out the missing bushing on the tq snout, or the weights on the right front brake drum that were keeping the wheel from seating properly. Whatever it was. it is fixed!

Three cheers for that conversion, the new 360, all of the good input, and of course the great people here at FABO. I'll relate a conversion I did some years ago on my old 64 Belvedere. It too had the ball and trunnion on a small block 904, probably original to the car. I went with a 440 swap and found a big block pushbutton trans from a 64 Newport, also a ball and trunnion. I also found a 65 Satellite 4 door in a local junkyard with a smallblock slip joint trans with cable shift and park, bought the trans and took it to my trans guy. He took the tailshaft from the smallblock trans and installed it on the bigblock trans and voila, pushbutton operation and a slip joint. I understand the 65 trans with pushbutton and cable operation is quite rare and I feel as if I lucked out finding one to use, but they are out there and this swap is definetly the way to go!!! Good luck with your project and enjoy years of vibration free driving, Geof

-
Back