[WANTED] drive shaft

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just pulled the driveshaft out of my Dart last night. Before I pulled it, I measured from the back of the tail shaft to the center of the front U-joint. The measurement I got was 3 1/2".(this was on a 904 trans)

Insert your stock driveshaft into the trans so you get that 3 1/2" measurement. Then measure from the center of the front U-joint to the center of the rear U-joint. Give that measurement to the driveline shop

A more accurate way is stick the yoke all the way in the back of the transmission.
Make sure the rear suspension is not hanging down.
Pull it out 1.0" measure center line to center line on the yokes.
Have a local drive shaft shop make one.

i dont think i worded myself right im converting a /6 car to a 360 with a 727 trans and a 8 3/4 rear end i dont have a driveshaft but the stock /6 904 setup i want to buy one already done if someone has one available

I think I have a driveshaft out of the Orange car in my garage. The original, 727/8.75 shaft with a yoke.

I didn't even think about it when I spoke with you before.

I think I have a driveshaft out of the Orange car in my garage. The original, 727/904 shaft with a yoke.

I didn't even think about it when I spoke with you before.

No such thing as a 727/904 driveshaft for an A body. All the 904's were short tail, all the 727's long. Just about a 3 inch difference between them.

No such thing as a 727/904 driveshaft for an A body. All the 904's were short tail, all the 727's long. Just about a 3 inch difference between them.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Meant to write 727/8.75, not two transmission models. Corrected the original post

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back