Driver door glass removal?

-

mkayers

Reaction score
I have a 70 Swinger, I'm trying to get the door glass out of the drivers door. everything is unhooked & taken out. The only thing that seems to be holding the window is the front channel. Shouldn't it just slide out of that or is there another fastener on the front channel that somehow holds the glass? Thanks guys! By the way if it matters it does have the front vent window.

You will have to remove the complete vent window assembly along with the door glass at the same time. Both pieces go into the door as unit. The door glass slides out from the bottom of the vent window channel once the vent frame has been removed.

Let me reword that. You will need to remove the vent window frame in order to get the door glass out. The door glass drops out of the bottom of the vent frame channel.

Yikes, I was afraid of hearing that. I didn't want to take the vent window frame out after hearing all the horror stories of trying to line it back up after reinstalling it. Looks like the window stays in then.

-
Back