Driveshaft help needed

-

thejohnnyguy

Young Gun
Reaction score
Does anyone know the driveshaft length from 318 - 904 - 8 3/4 rear?
This would be for my 72 Scamp

I recently just had to hunt down one of those for my car. I dont remember for sure but i "think" about 57" center to center on the u joint caps. I could measure for you tomorrow in the light if you want and get the right measurement.

i was recently told it is like a hair less then 50 inches. from center of universal to center of universal

I recently just had to hunt down one of those for my car. I dont remember for sure but i "think" about 57" center to center on the u joint caps. I could measure for you tomorrow in the light if you want and get the right measurement.

Wow that would be great if you could get that measurement for me. Then I can call around and see if any shops will resize and balance my driveshaft with is for 904 - 7 1/4 rear.

I'm trying to plan ahead as I am driving 5 hours away the day after 2moro to pick up the 8 3/4 rear from another member here. (thanks for the deal 48Limo see ya soon)

No way is it 57". That's really long for any A body.

If a Duster is 48.99" with the same trans/rear combo, add 3" for the wheel base difference and it gets you about 51.99 or so.

-
Back