Driveshaft length

-

Z3v0

Reaction score
So I can't put the car together yet cuz it's going out for blast and paint. But I'm trying to source a driveshaft. I'm putting in a 360 with 727 and 8.25 rear end on a 72 swinger. Anyone know of a resource I can look at to find my future driveshaft length?

Just wait and measure the car correctly and have it made once. . . .

Why go all this way and make a poor choice

I went through all that. Then I said hell with it. I measured it and had a new one made with new spicer joints for $159.

i kept my original rear axle and just wacked exactly 4" out of mine for the 727 because the 727 is exactly 4" longer than the 904

Set it on the ground, measure from trans rear shaft to rear yoke. Go to local driveshaft people.

Where did you have a new one made for $159?

Lol i was thinking the same thing, even at cost for all spicer stuff $159 doesn't sound right at all...

Especially being that only china makes detroit weld yokes series and neapco which is using said yokes and charging U.S. prices.
So if it was done as an uprgrade and 1310 x 7260 figure 2 weld yokes, the tube in 3" and then the 1310 x 7260 we're already more than 150, nothing has been cut, assembled, welded and balanced.

Im thinking you got new joints and shortened

So I can't put the car together yet cuz it's going out for blast and paint. But I'm trying to source a driveshaft. I'm putting in a 360 with 727 and 8.25 rear end on a 72 swinger. Anyone know of a resource I can look at to find my future driveshaft length?

Check this out. this is the shop i used to make my driveshaft. check out their measurment guide and see if it helps.

http://www.hudlowaxle.com/services/driveshafts/

Attachments

• Driveshaft_Measurement_Form.pdf
    390 KB · Views: 158
-
Back