Driveshaft loop question

-

SoulSurvivor

Reaction score
Will I need a driveshaft loop when I go to MATS? I expect to run mid to low 12s and have the M/T Street E/T Drag radials which I think are DOT approved. What to do?

NHRA track with DOTs (aka radials) I don't believe you need a driveshaft loop until 11.49 and quicker.

Still a good idea to have one.

Some tracks have rules that supersede NHRA though, so I would check with host facility also.

Steve

to be safe put one on the car i like the one from uscartool sold through mancini

I think you need to check the NHRA rule bood to be sure but I was thinking it was way before 11.49. My friends car runs in the 13's and he had to have one. I was thinking it was 13.99

http://www.nhra.com/UserFiles/file/Unleashed/2011 NHRA Rulebook General Regulations Section.pdf

Straight from the rulebook:

"Driveshaft loop required on all cars running 13.99 (*8.59) or quicker and utilizing slicks; except vehicles running 11.49 (*7.35) seconds or slower equipped with street tires."

It'll probably be up to the tech on whether or not your DOT drag radials qualify as a slick in this regard. Personally, I would run one...it could get ugly real fast if the front U joint breaks at half track.

It's silly not to be running one in a car that quick.

They are inexpensive.

Easy to install.

Can save your car.

Could save you.

-
Back