Drop base for a 750 dual feed double pumper

-

Jim Kueneman

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Anyone point me to an air cleaner base that give the most hood clearance for this carb?

Jim

Moroso used to make an open element one that had the 2" drop, I used one on some of my street cars when I ran a carb spacer so the hood would close. lol

I have a beautiful spun aluminum aircleaner, with a beautiful reverse-velocity stack lid, with 2.5/3" drop.
It's sitting on a shelf instead of being used , cause the drop is so extreme that it won't clear throttle linkages, or fuel line connections.
Be careful what you ask for.
I'd look for the drop base with that has a designed-in clearance for cathedral bowls on a holley. Pontiac ram airs used one, so did L88 corvette, and they are being reproduced/copied.

Last edited:
You could use just about any drop base, and then pick the thickness of element that gives you clearance and airflow.

Yeah, I have a 14 inch drop base on the (factory installed) Packard motor in my 56 Studebaker Golden Hawk, which sits kinda high in the engine compartment and the car has a low hood. Had to use a 2 inch filter to clear the hood. Still has plenty of airflow for this motor.

1721431134029.jpeg

Jim, the Moroso 2" drop plate had enough room for the Mopar kick down stud on any of my A bodies and B bodies when I used to drive them on the street.

-
Back