drop center link?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can get a drop centerlink for my 66 Dart. Is it needed for dropping a big block in an early A?

I might have one laying around. Will need ot look and see if I can find it. I had to do the same thing to my 66 when I put the 318 in it a few years back. Do ypou have any pics of your 66 you can share with us.

Yeah, thanks for the replies guys! I didn't know that would be something I needed until a few weeks ago. Its too bad, because a few months ago there was a 65 dart with a sb at the pick n pull yard. I wish I would have known then. Oh well. Anyway, if you're interested, pictures can be seen at this link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mopowers2/my_photos

I picked it up for $400 for a father son project and drove it home. Body is real straight. Plans are for a 470 low deck BB and high 10s. We're still doing structural work. Minitubs are done, up next is relocating springs, frame connectors, 8 pt roll bar, etc. You guys get the picture. I just ordered some 15x10 weld draglites with 325/50/15 BFG drag radials so I can get a measurement for the 8 3/4 housing to be cut to. It just sucks because it's at my parents house 45 minutes away which means I can only work on it one day on the weekend. Any more than that and the girlfriend gets pissed.

OH yeah, anyone need any trim for a 66? I smoothed out the body and removed all the trim including rocker panel trim. Just let me know.

I don't want to hijack this thread but I am in the process of jamming the 360 in my 66 (finally!) and the pan is hitting big time on the link. I just made some spacers to go between the mounts and the K frame to raise the engine about 3/8" and clear the /6 link. I have had no luck finding a dropped link to fit my car, so I hope my litlle cobble job will work and not create new problems.

66 DARTMAN maybe you could also try some thick washers between the trans mount and trans.

I hope he got it figured out, since this thread is ALMOST 5 YEARS OLD. :toothy10:

Then again, if he works like me, he might not need the center link yet. disgust

-
Back