drove the Dart today

-

67moparfan

Reaction score
drove the Dart to the truck stop scale down the street from my work today. so excited!
had techs 2 dealerships down come see what was going on, multiple phone calls from other techs at other dealers....they all thought it was my co-workers 2000 hp s-10 blazer!!

anyway, weighed in at 2780 with me in it....should be fun at the track, going this weekend to see what she runs.

here's a vid from my buddy riding shotgun, on the floor lol! (hopefully it works right) check out the s-10 blazer vids while you are there too.
watch

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-5aoRWYNsY&feature=channel_video_title"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-5aoRWYNsY&feature=channel_video_title[/ame]

Sounds wicked !!

Do you have a 7k stall converter? It seems like something is slipping
when you stand on it..............:poke:

thanks for all the comments!

I bought the car pretty much the way it is, except rebuilding the 360...really all I did was have the block decked to zero, heads milled (just to clean them), new rods, and of course all new bearings (reused the Ross pistons/rings)
should be about 13:1 now, Mopar purple shaft (couldn't find the p/n on it, but lift is .590"), Brodix heads, stock stroke (internally balanced), 950cfm Holley, full MSD ignition

the converter seems to be a 4500 stall....the tires were slipping really bad (plus at the 42 second mark I was trying to test the line-lock) 904 trans...but I didn't open it up except to replace the filter and install a drain plug in the pan.

has all plexi-glass windows (which I may change to glass to run the Arizona Fastest Street Cars)

my buddy made me an in-car camera mount, so I will be posting some vids up from this weekends race.

I want to beat my brothers 11.50 Nova!!
he gives me crap about my Mopars all the time....he'll learn.

previous owner was consistent 11.20 at about 119 mph, he gave me the time slips, I need to find them to compare old vs. new set-up.

I have yet to run it, this weekend first time for me in this car.

-
Back