Drum/drum to disc/disc proportioning valve

-

jrlegacy23

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
I had drum brakes on my 72 Dart, front and rear. I have switched to front disc brakes and am in the process of rear disc brakes. I still have the drum/drum master cylinder on the car, is the master cylinder proportion going to be the same as disc/disc? Or should I buy a special master cylinder for a disc/disc brake system? I don't know much about master cylinder proportioning and what % is required for which set up. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

www.inlinetube.com --> Proportioning valves --> Scroll down almost all the way to the bottom of the page for a disc/disc prop valve. Yes, it's different!

You will probably want a disc/disc master cylinder, too —*perhaps from a Jeep Chicory (Cherokee).

you should get a new adjustable valve andplumb it in right from the start you'll wish you did. also get a newer master cylinder fo disc / disc. It combines the resevoirs to commondate the exttra fluid in the rear brakes as they wear. a drum/drum both are small and a drum disc the front resevoir is mall for the rear brake's. I got a master cylinder for a newer car with a plastic resevoir and when you fill one side it fills both. and it will have the proper proportioned piston size for disc / disc. You can see in the picture a newer master cylinder from a dodge truck. note the adapter we made to convert from 4 bolt to 2 bolt. The other picture below is with the original.

Attachments

• DSCF0094.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 211
  • batten1.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 207
-
Back