drum to disc brake

-

trackguy

Reaction score
I have 71 duster drum brake car trying to find disc brake conversion in junkyard was told Chrysler Fifth Avenue or dodge diplomat would work anybody else have any other cars that might change over for me

If you are going to big bolt pattern, you can use any Duster, Dart, Valiant, Volare, Aspen, etc.

I have a set of near new brakes for a 73 everything but arms and spindles big bolt pattern from my 73 Duster $125 + fr8

yes a diplomat or a fifth ave will work. [there basically dodge aspens] youll need the spindles and caliper and mount bracket for the caliper. youll need a lower ball joint that is used on a 73 or 74 dart/duster with disc brakes. Also, youll need the previously mentioned upper A-arm from a 73 and up A-body with the large balljoint [usually on a disc brake car] .

I have a set of upper control arms from a 1974 Dodge Dart that had factory disk brakes. I decided to go with tubular control arms so I no longer need them. I have brand new ball joints and bushings for them. I'd let them go for $150. PM me if you're interested. You'd just need spindles, caliper mounts and the brakes themselves.

3nXLFtl.jpg

Here is we herected is what I have all you need to find would be spindles job done.
hoses are as new as are pads and rotors all fitted around 2000 miles ago all open road driving So very little wear.

Attachments

• 20150521_210320.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 274
looks like you have everything but the spindles do you have two backing plates looks like there's only one you're saying all I need would be the two spindles what do you want for what you have

looks like you have everything but the spindles do you have two backing plates looks like there's only one you're saying all I need would be the two spindles what do you want for what you have

$125 +Shipping only have the 1 backing plate the other had a huge Crack/ split in it. Think you may need different arms as well from what I've read and heard people saying

I have a set of upper control arms from a 1974 Dodge Dart that had factory disk brakes. I decided to go with tubular control arms so I no longer need them. I have brand new ball joints and bushings for them. I'd let them go for $150. PM me if you're interested. You'd just need spindles, caliper mounts and the brakes themselves.

3nXLFtl.jpg
Hi--I'm in Colorado in Loveland --I'm trying to go to a front steer with rack and pinion in a '66 Valiant and was wondering if you still have these control arms available---

trackguy,
Read the gazillion posts about drum to disk conversion. Many options. If you want the 1973+ setup, you can buy a kit w/ all-new parts for ~$500 on ebay. Scarebird's kit is less expensive and easier.

Hi--I'm in Colorado in Loveland --I'm trying to go to a front steer with rack and pinion in a '66 Valiant and was wondering if you still have these control arms available---

I do not.

Yes. All A-body 64-72 front disks were the same Kelsey-Hayes design (also on Mustangs, but differences). You need to swap the spindle and lower ball joint over. If the donor LCA's have sway bar tabs, swap those too. The original calipers were notorious for corroding and sticking, so check for the stainless steel upgrades. Good time to refurb bushings and ball joints. Many posts and photos if you search.

-
Back