drum to disc conversion

-

musclermndart

Reaction score
hey i am restoring a 71 dart swinger and i am looking to convert front drums to disc. does anyone know of a good reasonable priced way to do that. and what parts i would also need upper control arms ect... I would appricate any help that you can offer. I am a technician at a dodge dealership currently but this is my first time restoring an old car...

:scratch: Hi, ( the little I have learned)i have a 74 dart with discs and I am going to put them on a 73 duster I am building into a 340 clone. i have been told I have to switch the upper control arms, spindle, rotor with calipers. fornt brake hoses and proporioning valve. that is all I know and am going to start this job this winter. If I have missed anything please let me know.THERE ARE PLENTY OF GUYS OUT THERE WHO HAVE DONE THIS AND WILL CORRECT ME, AS I AM A ROOKIE, :shaking2: thanks walt

Hummmmmm, I think thats right. I'm about to do this with the exception of makeing use of Cordoba disks, so it would be the upper A arm from a disk equiped A body or E body, disk spindle from the same two as before, the caliper holder and caliper. New hose's? I think I need them for the repositioned Doba set up. The Doba set up moves the caliper from the front of the disk to the rear.

I do believe so. You would need the caliper mount from the car to mount the caliper higher.
The Doba's disks are 11.75. Or something like that. (I'm tired.)

Doh! Things to watch out for....
Caliper adapter bracket must match the rotor you are using, wether it be the 10.5(?) or the 11.75 rotor.
The caliper bracket must match the caliper you are using.
Three differences in the calipers; slider, pin, and one caliper that the hose inlet sticking out the bottom of the caliper on a huge mounting boss that will absolutely enjoy playing with your control arm.
And don't forget the whole wheel bolt pattern dilema.
I am not sure if an E-body upper arm will work, I thought there was a difference so be careful. (Like you can get any part for an E-car cheep these days)

Food for thought, research your combo, big horsepower is impressive, not being able to stop isn't.

Revhendo

-
Back