Drum To Disc Dart

-

805moparkid

Slant and AFX Guy
Reaction score
i am looking to convert my 68 dart to discs, don't care rite now if there single or what. i just have the 9" drums. so that means i need new spindles. if i can get a kit cheap enough i would do that. its just im just out of Tech school and i got noooo money... the car is my daily and its getting unsafe. im also in the market to rebuild the front end ASAP... any thing guys thx

ed

you can grap the upper control arms and spindles from a 73 and up a body with disc brakes and swap with yours. And while you do that you will have the perfect opportunity to rebuild the front end.

When I converted my 69 barracuda, I also found that the lower ball joints were different and I needed to use the newer ones that matched the spindles. So, when you get the parts off the donor car, get the lower ball joints as well so you get the proper bolts that hold the bottom of the spindle to them. (even if the bal joints are shot, you still need the bolts)

Please dont drive whats unsafe. If you have to go ahead and replace the drum brake linnigs, a couple of front end parts, whatever, well... we have been in similar situations. Upgrades are nice but expensive too. What came on the car will function safely if maintained. Good luck

conversion kit for $175? I need to do the same with my 64 cuda... where is this kit located?

Yes me too...I would like to convert over to disc. I got the 9" drum setup. But i want to keep my small bolt pattern.....

..troll the parts for sale religiously..I was on a week or two ago..almost bought myself as spares..

-
Back