DUAL PLANE & NOS

-

Mims Gt

Reaction score
Hey guys I hear that NOS and dual plane intakes are a NONO. But I want to ask the pros what their experience is. I have a 408 and thinking of a small plate good for 175 shot. Any advice?

You will have distribution issues at “some” power level. Start small and work your way up. Get good at reading the plugs.

You will have distribution issues at “some” power level. Start small and work your way up. Get good at reading the plugs.
too add I have 1" spacer to help equalize and AFR to watch. thanks

If you are running a sandwich plate for the fuel and nos. Then single plane intake is better. If you drill and plumb the 8 runners then run anything you want. I’ve never seen anyone drill and plumb a cast iron 4bbl factory intake. I bet that would be awesome looking.

i ran a plate ontop of a 11/4'' spacer , it seemed to help keep the mix more even .

If you have access, Engine Masters did a test of this. I don't recall how big a shot they tested, or what the exact results were, but if I remember right, they decided it was a myth.
Still, with a hundred shot, I wouldn't worry about the two plane. With a plate 300 shot, I'd certainly use a single plane.
My system can shoot up to 250, and I'm using a single plane Team G.
Edit: I think it was EM, 3rd season, episode 9.
You can Google nitrous two plane and get a bunch of info.

Last edited:
Just thinking out loud.....but cannot see a problem using a DP intake. N20 is injected into the engine at a MUCH higher pressure than the air ingested by the engine, which is 14.7 psi at sea level & less at higher altitudes.
The higher pressure is going to be less affected by runner length, bends etc in the intake.

I've seen a LOT of guys run plate shots on lots of stock dual plane intakes through the years. Never saw one that didn't haul ***.

-
Back