Dual snorkel hood scoop

-

AlaskaJeff

Reaction score
Was 1970 the only year of Duster that the dual snorkel scoop was NOT an option?
Scoops7.jpg

Snorkel2.jpg

They never were an option on a Duster from the factory.
A lot of cars had them dealer or self installed.
Too bad, they looked good...

AH OK, so just the raisin bran 2 scoops were OEM? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Were THEY ever an option on a 70?

AH OK, so just the raisin bran 2 scoops were OEM? Maybe that's what I'm thinking of. Were THEY ever an option on a 70?
I don't think so. They came out in 72? on the Dart Sports. A the 71's had dual scoops.

1670077283906.png

1670077398185.png

Last edited:
The dual snorkel scoop was first offered as a factory option only on '72 Demons and continued only on Dart Sports in '73 and possibly '74. I bought one off of a confirmed '73 318 Dart Sport that had the hood stripe option with it.

Duster Twisters were the only dusters to receive scoops...

1970 Duster never had a performance hood option. They were only available with a flat factory hood on all models.

The dual snorkel scoop was first offered as a factory option only on '72 Demons and continued only on Dart Sports in '73 and possibly '74. I bought one off of a confirmed '73 318 Dart Sport that had the hood stripe option with it.
74 dart sport 360 had them too. Also 72 swinger special 340 cars.
my 74 sport 360 car Had Factory alpine white paint, black vynil top, with black hood treatment and scoop.

-
Back