Duct tape drags 2024

-

TT5.9mag

Two atmospheres are better than one
Reaction score
Who’s going?
This will be our (my girl and I) 5th year of attending. It’s a damn good time and I know a few FABO members usually show up. Unfortunately none of my A body junk is ready so I’ll be making passes in the daily if they’ll let me. Plan is to meet at Irwindale drag strip early tomorrow and caravan out with everyone. The lunch in Blythe turns into a parking lot car show with some good bench racing.

Last edited:
130B8F70-EDC3-4F90-A900-20A988285463.png

Definitely going to be a warm weekend.

I'm probably not going due to the heat, but if any long-haulers have trouble and need a shop or lift I am local.

I would like to make one of these events, like when it’s not so damn hot.

A friend once told me to get AC for this kind of occasion, well duh.
Then what.
Sit in the car all day?

I'm probably not going due to the heat, but if any long-haulers have trouble and need a shop or lift I am local.
That’s a generous offer, appreciate it.
The heat isn’t too big a deal, or at least hasn’t been the last few years. Hell one year it was freezing cold and the skies opened up. The track and everything around it flooded. We drove my falcon 460 miles home full of mud. This weekend we’ll have the 5th wheel and air conditioning if we need to get away from the heat.

Mike, will the parking lot be open tomorrow at Irwindale? I'm not going, but I'd like to swing by and see who is.
I'm going out to Irwindale just to spectate tonight. I hope there are as many fast cars as there were last week (among them, two solid 5 second demons)

Mike, will the parking lot be open tomorrow at Irwindale? I'm not going, but I'd like to swing by and see who is.
I'm going out to Irwindale just to spectate tonight. I hope there are as many fast cars as there were last week (among them, two solid 5 second demons)
Yessir there are lots of people that come out to the parking lot just to see the Motortrend celebs and don’t go on the drive. Usually Motortrend provides the donuts and coffee. Our plan is to be there about 5:30-6 am.
We have to shop for the weekend but now you have me trying to fit in a trip to Irwindale tonight.

If you make it out tonight, look for a guy in a green "innocent plants" shirt.

(Every day thousands of INNOCENT PLANTS are killed by vegetarians.
Help end the violence. Eat bacon!)

If you make it out tonight, look for a guy in a green "innocent plants" shirt.

(Every day thousands of INNOCENT PLANTS are killed by vegetarians.
Help end the violence. Eat bacon!)
Ha! I need that shirt, you should post a pic for the baconators of the world.

Pretty good night at Irwindale tonight. Turnout kinda light (cowboys are playing) but four redeyes/Demons, one mid 5, the other two low 5s, 130. Slow one only good for 6.ohs
Trackrecord holder/big tire is here, went 4.43 off his 4.32 t4ack record, at 163. John Scialpi has his pro mod firebird here, hasn't made a lap yet, looks like a mid four car too.
Several others that look like 5s, but n/t on the window..
And I got for new fuel cans, so I figure I got in free, at least.
Pics of the shirt when I get home.

-
Back