Duel snorkell hood

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
I think thats whats it called,you know the 1 there on Dusters,thinking of adding it to my 74 Duster.My Question do you cut a hole in the hood to let cool air,or is it just a hood ornament.

Originals had a hole in the hood but it wasn't sealed to the carb.

OEM had 2 holes, approx. 4" in diameter with grommets to help keep the water out. They were never available on Dusters, but they do look right at home on them, just like on '72 Demons and '73-'74 Dart Sports. Tried sending PM, but your mailbox is full.

I cut the diamond shape under the hood out to allow the scoop to be functional. It works well but I've never driven it in rain so not sure if that will be an issue.

Cley

I have the two 4" holes with a modified air cleaner that seals to the hood so it is functional.
There is a thread on here that shows you how to do it, I used a cheap drop base summit air cleaner, cake pan and a chevy repo hood seal, pretty cheap and simple.

I think thats whats it called,you know the 1 there on Dusters,thinking of adding it to my 74 Duster.My Question do you cut a hole in the hood to let cool air,or is it just a hood ornament.
The "Dual Snorkle" was decoration.

The pg classics one are rough. Find an original one if you can.

The dual snorkel hood scoops used a pair 4 1/8" holes, same size as the dual hood scoops from the earlier cars, just in a different location. Factory would also have had a couple of rubber gaskets in the holes, they have a tall lip on the topside (~1/4") to prevent water from running into the engine compartment.

Seems like this thread has a bunch of info Dual Snorkle Scoop Information

PC230607.jpg

This is a '73 Dart sport hood
dsc02239-jpg.93701.jpg

'72 Dart hood from the bottom

underneath-jpg.6436.jpg

Great info guys,now just have to wait for a great deal.I think some day.After searching on line they are pricey.

I want one on my '72 Dart Swinger, but think I'll just buy a glass hood that already has the scoop from AAR...

-
Back