Dumb brake question.

-

carcrazyguy

Reaction score
Got an email from the guy that is checking over the Duster brakes. The car is 350 miles away so I can't look at it with my own eyes to grasp what is going on. Anyway he is asking me to locate a different rod the goes from master cylinder to the power brake booster that is adjustable ("It should be a minimum of 4.5 - 4.75 inches and thread out to 5.0 - 5.5. That will provide all of the adjustment it could ever need.").

I figured all power brake A-body's would have the same rod? I have not found anyone selling just the rod by itself? The only rod I see available, that is adjustable, is the pedal rod that goes from the pedal through the firewall and to the booster. However that is not the rod he is asking for. Said he just needs the one that goes from the booster to the master cylinder.

Any help on where to find such an animal? Or is there something else going on that could be applying a slight pressure on the brakes causing them to get hot in a short amount of driving? Brakes are the Dr Diff 4 wheel disc kit with a master cylinder from Dr Diff so it should all be matched up.....

Your rod may not be the problem. You have to figure it worked from the factory at one time and I assume it's the same rod. I say the problem is probably elsewhere.

The car was a 4 wheel drum brake car from the factory. When the car was rebuilt (all new brake parts from Dr. Diff) we went with 4 wheel disc and master cylinder. The booster was rebuilt by Booster Dewey.

I am wondering if the pedal rod may be the issue? I sent an email to the shop working on the car with a response from Cass. Hopefully we can get it sorted out soon!

-
Back