dumb question!!

-

MoparFan

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a question about an engine stand. I got a 360 out of a car, and now I want to bolt the plate for the engine stand on it ... but I could not figure out wich hole to use. There is the holes for the transmission of course, but I can only bolt 2 of them, looks like that stand plate is too short!
I think I can say the engine stand is standard, with a plate with four adjustable arms.

Anyone as a picture of a 318, 340 or 360 bolt up on one of these plate. I want to see wich holes was use. By the way, I want to be able to remove the heads once on the stand.

Also do I need to remove the flexplate (the part bolted to the crankshaft) to install the engine stand plate?

didnt have a picture of a moparengine but one of a chebbyv8 dont kill me for that, but from what i can remember they bolt up pretty much the same to enginestands and the ones i have seen have been very simmilar, i am sure someone will correct me if iam wrong..
i think the flexplate will clear but it may be easier to remove it befor hangin the engine in the stand
hope the picture helps alitle :salute:

PICT00331.JPG

duster340 said:
didnt have a picture of a moparengine but one of a chebbyv8 dont kill me for that, but from what i can remember they bolt up pretty much the same to enginestands and the ones i have seen have been very simmilar, i am sure someone will correct me if iam wrong..
i think the flexplate will clear but it may be easier to remove it befor hangin the engine in the stand
hope the picture helps alitle :salute:

Motors looking "really" sweet duster340 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

-
Back