dumb question

-

440bigblock66

Family Black sheep
Reaction score
Must you drain the radiator first on a 440 before taking headers off. I had different non mopar before and didn't have to. I didn't know if water jackets are in different place on this engine???? Thanks dumb me.

so you can drain the motor from the radiator or you can drain the motor from the header bolts...your choice..lol

So now that you asked that, what was the dumb question? :)

Well I learned something new today, cool! To the op, thanks for asking that question!

Same rule goes for the slant....:D
Are you sure? Its been about 3 years.... no longer.... 4 years since I swapped my exhaust manifold and I dont remember draining water or having water come out manifold bolt threads.

Then again, I don't remember much what I ate for breakfast either....:D

Positively yes on the /6, I remember reading or some one telling me to use a sealant on the front bolt/nut.. But I always drain my radiator and before any intake/exhaust pull. :coffee2:

Are you sure? Its been about 3 years.... no longer.... 4 years since I swapped my exhaust manifold and I dont remember draining water or having water come out manifold bolt threads.

Then again, I don't remember much what I ate for breakfast either....:D

Lol.
Yes,I'm sure. Can't remember exactly which ones,but there are a couple studs that go into the water jacket. These studs need to be installed with a sealant,before they go in.Yours are locked in,and didn't turn when you removed the manifold.

Sorry Mike...So how bout that Distributor. :burnout:

Lol.
Yes,I'm sure. Can't remember exactly which ones,but there are a couple studs that go into the water jacket. These studs need to be installed with a sealant,before they go in.Yours are locked in,and didn't turn when you removed the manifold.

Sorry Mike...So how bout that Distributor. :burnout:
Oh duh! Yesterday I was thinking that the manifolds bolted to the head instead of using nuts and studs lol! I told you how chitty my memory is. Well that would explain why I don't remember doing anything with water.

-
Back