Dumb question

-

smythge

65 with a BIG BLOCK
Reaction score
I am new to the mopar world (always had GMs) I just got a 65 Dart with a 318, not sure what year the motor is, but obviously not original. It currently has points ignition and a 2 barrel carb. I am going to upgrade to a elctronic ignition and put a 4 barrel Edelbrock 600 CFM carb with a Edlebrock performer intake. I am trying to find the intake gaskets and was wondering gasket you would suggest using and when swapping the intakes is there anything I need to be aware of I noticed 2 and 4 barrel gaskets is there is a difference in heads or just the intake? Also what coil would you recommend for a mopar performance electronic ignition?

I always have had good luck with felpro gaskets. As for the coil anything will work ok. I'm using a msd blaster. cheap and work good.

Those old 318`s (pre 67 I believe) are totally different from the 273,318, and 340`s. Do you know what year it is? If it`s an early model you`ll be hard pressed to find anything for it.After 67 you`re in like Flynn! If it is a post `67 Fel Pro gaskets work fine and you could always carry the intake with you when you buy your gaskets, just to make sure they clear the ports. Mopar offers a compatible coil for their EI`s. Good luck and welcome!!!

i used Ultraseal intake gaskets.

318 old LD4B intake, # 1406 carb,
.430/.450 Mopar Performance cam works good for me.

Here is a pic with a borrowed carb,before I bought the # 1406.

2549000_0249-med.JPG

-
Back