Dumbest question ever asked!

-
For consumers engine sizes in liters (usualy advertised with one decimal) or cui is entirely irrelevant and for gearheads most with half a functioning brain can figure out the approximate size conversion just as easy as approximating how much you will pay at the grocery store before the cashier even gives you the numbers, if you need a correct numbers you cant trust the factory enginename anyway and will just have to calculate actual displacement by bore and stroke and get a real volume in as many decimals as you want to.

I don't like "liters". 5.0 Ford, 302. 5.0 Chevy, 305. Liters just isn't right. :)

When I go to parts store, I tell them the Cubic Inches. "what motor is in the Ram?" …. I say 360. Some get it, some have to stare at the screen to see if it states which litre is the 360 and ask "is that the 5.9?"

Yeah I get you; a 5.0L can be anything from a 302 to a 308. I'll take the 308 Alex, cuz either go big or go home.Mopar boys don't mess around with mini-me's
I have never been able to figure out why Ford kept on with the 302; I mean they could probably build 10 of 351s, for the technology they got in that little 5/0 now, and the Mustang gets porkier every year, and around here you hardly ever see a modern Mustang, and I live in Ford country!

-
Back