durango denso alternator?

-

joshua dewitt

Reaction score
I scored a 1999 Durango denso 136 amp alternator, can't find a v-belt pulley to work on it, I know it is 17mm inner, the dual groove I found wont work not shallow enough to fit the shaft for threads, it does fit my gm dr44 145 amp I have and may use it, but BIG, was looking to go with the smaller unit, what pulley have any of you that has done this work? prefer a dual grove, but one is ok.

my denso is off a 89 4 runner. not sure if the pulley would interchange.
s-l225.jpg

What is the amp output on the denso unit for the Toyota? Is it a single wire unit?

Last edited:
I think most of the newer units are internally regulated but they have 2-3 small guage wires in a plug, one is only for the ALT light.

i found an aftermarket double v-belt pulley to fit the Durango denso alternator.... found on e-bay. like 25.00 trick is to find the one with a 10mm thick mounting flange and 17mm diameter hole. it fits, now to attempt install tis weekend if I get time.

I think most of the newer units are internally regulated but they have 2-3 small guage wires in a plug, one is only for the ALT light.

So far as I know the Dodges are wired just like the old isolated field Mopars, except the VR is inside the ECM

So far as I know the Dodges are wired just like the old isolated field Mopars, except the VR is inside the ECM
This, and when the VR fails in the ECM adding an external VR is the fix. You just have to live with the CEL on.

I scored a 1999 Durango denso 136 amp alternator, can't find a v-belt pulley to work on it, I know it is 17mm inner, the dual groove I found wont work not shallow enough to fit the shaft for threads, it does fit my gm dr44 145 amp I have and may use it, but BIG, was looking to go with the smaller unit, what pulley have any of you that has done this work? prefer a dual grove, but one is ok.
Just did that upgrade on my 65 barracuda with cast iron water pump, stock belt, and brackets.

-
Back