Durango owners, is this normal???

-

mtandrews

beware the Ides of March
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A few bud's and I went up to Temple in his 2000 Durango, (buddy Mick bought a 65 Fury Sport, super clean too!) pretty decent ride, real cold A/C. It has a 318 in it and we weren't "gettin' after it", just cruising. THAT S.O.B. BURNS THAT GAS!!!! I asked him did he have an effin' hole in the tank or is the tank real small! It's in excellent condition and you can tell it has no driveability problem, it just eats gasoline. Is this normal for this truck???

Yep.....I had a '98 SLT with a 5.9L (360). It was an AWESOME truck but such a gas pig. Durango's are NOTOURIOUS for sucking gas because of their weight...

I had a 99 durango with the 5.9l and it wasnt out of the norm for me to get 12mpg city and 14mpg highway.

that thing was popping up rust in odd places and the heater core was taking a crap and some suspension problems started developing so I decided to sell it and we got my wife a 2000 jeep grand cherokee limited with the 4.7l v8 .....has just as much power as the durango had, close to the same size and weight,but with the newer 4.7l v8 we are getting roughly 15mpg city and I have got around 22mpg on the highway with it before.

honestly the durangos have alot of problems that they tend to develop.....I don't think i will get another one.

I had a 99 durango with the 5.9l and it wasnt out of the norm for me to get 12mpg city and 14mpg highway.

that thing was popping up rust in odd places and the heater core was taking a crap and some suspension problems started developing so I decided to sell it and we got my wife a 2000 jeep grand cherokee limited with the 4.7l v8 .....has just as much power as the durango had, close to the same size and weight,but with the newer 4.7l v8 we are getting roughly 15mpg city and I have got around 22mpg on the highway with it before.

honestly the durangos have alot of problems that they tend to develop.....I don't think i will get another one.
16 year as a tech. with crysler...damn good truck...this normal they where all gas hogs with 318-360

I have a 99 with a 5.9L and it's a 4X4. Yes it burns gas pretty good but I love driving it.

-
Back