duration @.050

-

chuck perry

Reaction score
I am looking for the duration @.050 of the old camcraft cam that was used
In the D/stock dart in. The 66 273. Can anyone help me out on this?

You might have a problem accessing that information for this reason, and this reason alone. That was 47 years ago, and I don't think duration @ .050" was given on cam cards that long ago. At least, that's the way I remember it.

Good luck; somebody may have put one of those cams on a Cam Doctor and would have that information if they did...

Good luck!:cheers:

Call Camcraft, They're still in business:

http://camcraftcams.com/

I'm not too sure, from reading some of that, that this is even the same company as the original

"The business began as a division of R & R Automotive in 1983 and supplied medium and large engine rebuilders on the East Coast with reground automotive camshafts for their rebuilt engines."

I called Camcraft. Very nice people but they are not the same Camcraft from the 60
They started in the mid 80. 40 plus years have past,,, Looks like I am going to wing it
...lol

Called a local cam grinder out here and the Cam Dr book don't have a listing
. Thanks for help though it was helpful

Do you HAVE that cam?

If you do, you can put it on a Cam Doctor and the machine will telll you what you wnt to know.

From what I have read, it was 284 @ .050.

Here is the TSB for the D/Dart from 1966.
[ame="http://www.seriousviewers.com/D-Dart/Technical%20Service%20Bulletin.pdf"]http://www.seriousviewers.com/D-Dart/Technical%20Service%20Bulletin.pdf[/ame]

Here is any further info for the D/Dart you might need.
http://www.seriousviewers.com/D-Dart/ddart.htm

Nope. I know that they are out there. Wish I could find one

From the Seatle area, I think... Angela Bushmaker (Bill Bushmaker's daughter) runs a 235 hp '65 Valiant in NHRA's K/SA and it has (NHRA approved!!!) aluminum D-Dart intake manifold (but not the carb,) and is really fast for a 273 (mid 11's with a 904.) Shu usually runs the Division six points races and the Kent, Washington NHRA national event.

That car flies. If you could talk to her (or, her dad) about cams, you could probably get the specs for a cam that would perform a lot better than the original D-Dart cam. NHRA aalows any duration on Stocker cams, but they have to maintain stock lift. Go figure...

Just sayin'...

He musta forgot about this thread.

I haven't forgot ,look everyday day to see if anyone has more info on these cams
I guess their was only 50 of these cars built,not sure how many are left or how many
Still are running the old Camcraft cam in them . I can't ask anyone to pull it just so I can
get a copy of it. The only time I would pull the cam out myself on one of these
Woul be to restore the car back to OEMand only if it was warrented to do a teardown .

Oh, I thought you was looking for the duration which I posted above. Along with a bunch of info on the engine build from the Chrysler technical service bulletin.

Seen it. But a duration of 284 at .050 seems not to sound right, with only a
Over lap of 60 degrees and 112 lop seperation . I adimit I know enough to get me
In trouble but it don't seem right to me at all

Seen it. But a duration of 284 at .050 seems not to sound right, with only a
Over lap of 60 degrees and 112 lop seperation . I adimit I know enough to get me
In trouble but it don't seem right to me at all

yeah, 284 @ .050 seems insanely high. As a wild guess I would say it's in the 230s at most

Was thinking about using the .284 .528 soild from MP. All the info I found on the
D/dart camshaft seems to be the same except for gross lift. The lob sep is .112
And I belive the overlap is 60 degrees.
After checking at the specs, looks like MP copied the cam but changed to just
A single pattern......Hmmm?

hi, the D=Dart cam was not 284 @ .050!! it was advertised duration only , usually at .006 lift. the 284 is advertised duration. also, the D -Dart didn't come with an aluminum intake manifold. they used the cast iron manifold with throttle bores bored to match the 780 holley bores. just food for thought.

Check out 69 Cuda 440's post about cam testing 273's,E.T wise.One of those grinds,is a 40 year old Rzcecraft grind.An eye opening thread,to say the least.

Check out 69 Cuda 440's thread on testing 273 cams,E.T wise.One of those cam grinds,is a 40 + Camcraftgrind. An eye opening thread,to say the least.

yeah they didnt start using the @.050 information until the 80's i think.

they didn't use those numbers back in the musclecar era

-
Back