Duster 73 bumper brackets same as 72?

-

Ozyduster

Reaction score
So was super lucky and scored a 73 duster rear bumper and rear plastic sail planes that will go on to my 74, it doesn't have any brackets. I am guessing its 73 as has the jack slots. She is rough but will have it re chromed as shipping a new bumper to Australia be a fortune.
So the question is are 72 brackets the same as 73. As on YearOne they say brackets 71-72.
Yes i know i need to make a few adjustments to the rear of car to get it to tuck as i had the 5mph brackets

IMG_1570.JPG

Last edited:
So was super lucky and scored a 73 duster rear bumper and rear plastic sail planes that will go on to my 74, it doesn't have any brackets. I am guessing its 73 as has the jack slots. She is rough but will have it re chromed as shipping a new bumper to Australia be a fortune.
So the question is are 72 brackets the same as 73. As on YearOne they say brackets 71-72.
Yes i know i need to make a few adjustments to the rear of car to get it to tuck as i had the 5mph brackets

View attachment 1716192439

'70-73 should be the same for the rear brackets, the bumpers only changed because of the jack slots although I think that was a '72 thing. Not positive, I know they were pretty much a one year only thing.

If you had shock mounted bumpers, you can look at my build thread here, where I first traded out my '74 rear bumper for a '71
'74 to '71 rear bumper

And here, where I got rid of the adaptor brackets and welded the lower tail panel up like it would have been on an earlier car
tail panel redo

-
Back