duster 'custom'?

-

DirtySwiffer

Reaction score
i recently bought a 75 duster. it now has a 360 in it with a 904 auto. it had badges infront of the doors, one is missing, the other says custom. it appears to have had a vinyl top that is missing now, it only covered half of the roof. theres a chrome rail down by the rocker panel that runs between the wheel wells... and there are rivets along the car right in the center like there was another chrome rail that went the entire length of the car... both driver and passenger side. the entire interior is blue besides the dash and rug. i was wondering if theres anyway i can figure out how this car came from the factory... motor and trans, trims. ect... were all these features a 'custom' trim package, or were they added on at some point, and are they available for purchase.

I had a 75 Duster "custom" and it's options were:
1. wheel opening trim
2. rocker trim
3. Rectangular "custom" badges below the stock "Duster" ones on the fenders ( glued on, no holes )
4. Tail panel trim.
5. Premium door panels ( it had vertical aluminum inserts around the window crank )
6. Rear armrests

It did not have the longitudinal trim down the center body line or vinyl top.
I have seen "custom" emblems that were script lettering instead of recessed txt on a rectangular badge ( like the ones my duster had ) but that was on an older valiant.

-
Back