Duster Disc brake swap/bolt pattern

-

smartken22

U.S. Navy Senior Chief
Reaction score
OK, here is the latest dilema! I am in the process of rebuilding the front end of the car. I currently have the K-member removed and was in the process of replacing all of the bad components when I realized it would be cheaper to just do a disc brake conversion considering all the parts that are bad. I also ordered new lower ball joint that happen to be for a disc brake setup vice a drum so I either need to sell them or try to return them. I have been researching which brake kit to go with and found an awesome deal on Ebay for a front kit by "Right Stuff". It has everything I need however I noticed a couple of issues I am going to run in to.
1) Bolt pattern for the kit is 5x4.5...my current setup of 5x4. Now my rims and tires are shot anyway and I plan to go with Cragar SS rims but do not know which bolt pattern to go with.
2) Sway bar is going to get replaced...am I going to have clearance issues with a new sway bar? I was looking at the Hotchkis setup, but I may have to go with firm feels sway setup in order for the calipers to clear.

Any advice would help me out. I hate to spend all this money to find out stuff does not fit/work. Thanks in advance.

Many posts on this, so search. I recall info on caliper clearance w/ sway bars and swapping spindles L-R so the calipers are on the other side.

Keep in mind that if you go BBP on the front, you will need a new rear end or at least new or redrilled axles to use the same spare wheel on the rear, assuming it is a driver not a race or show car only.

Thanks for the info. My car is not going to see the drag strip and will be a street car only. It currently has a 8 3/4 sure grip rear in it now. I currently have 4" axles in the rear with 4.5" wheel spacers to adapt to the 4.5" rims. I know, I know...I plan to convert the rear as well in the future funding permitting!

Many posts on this, so search. I recall info on caliper clearance w/ sway bars and swapping spindles L-R so the calipers are on the other side.

Keep in mind that if you go BBP on the front, you will need a new rear end or at least new or redrilled axles to use the same spare wheel on the rear, assuming it is a driver not a race or show car only.

Just wanted to tell you the Right stuff detailing kit is a nice kit. I have used many of them.

-
Back